BRICS Football Partnership Alliance
1. The BRICS Football Forum 2018
The BRICS Football Partnership Forum, will convene in Johannesburg, South Africa on 9-10 February 2019 will be the first ever stakeholder platform for the sport with delegates representing the football fraternities from Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa respectively.
The focus on football is primarily based on the “People-to-People Cooperation” theme, “Emphasising the centrality of people in BRICS and its programmes”, which promotes “exchanges in the fields of sports, youth, films, culture, education and tourism”, respectively as well as the establishment of the BRICS Sports Council in July 2018 during the BRICS 10 Summit held in Johannesburg, South Africa
With delegates to debate the future of BRICS football, the two-day Forum will be the first non-aligned gathering for all stakeholders of the sport within Group.
The purpose of the Forum is to come up with the most workable strategies on how to make BRICS a force to be reckoned in the international football arena.
The Forum will also adopt the “BRICS Football Development Charter”, to promote broader involvement of people in the sport.
The Forum will launch the BRICS Football Partnership Programme wherein clubs, leagues, academies and FA’s from each country will twin and partner each other to exchange knowledge, coaches and players.
The Partnership Programme will establish also various Chambers i.e:
– BRICS Football Academies
– BRICS Clubs
– BRICS Professional Football Leagues
– BRICS Football Intermediaries
– BRICS Universities Football
– BRICS Football Medical & Science
– BRICS Football Business Service Providers
Key Themes of the Forum
– Advanced Sponsorship Negotiations
– Football Club Management
– Football Player Management and Representation through Intermediaries
– Managing Succesfull Football Leagues
– Football’s Remit to the BRICS Sports Council
– Establishing Sustainable Sectoral Groupings in Football
2. The BRICS Football Summit 2019
The Forum will primarily serve as a “think tank” in preparation of the BRICS Football Summit, which will take place in Brazil in July 2019 alongside the Copa America tournament and the 11th BRICS Summit, which is also taking place in Brazil.
The Summit will feature the The Founding Meetings of the proposed “Chambers” where Steering-Committees will be established to initiate the required development of the specific sectoral focus groups within the broader football arena.
The Summit will also feature the inaugural BRICS Football Recognition Awards as follows:-
– Awards for each member country’s Sports Minister
– Awards for each member country’s FA President
– Awards for each member country’s FA CEO
– Awards for each member country’s National Team Coach
– Awards for each member country’s League & Cup Winners
– Awards for a Football Legend from each BRICS Nation
– Awards for each Head of a Major Football Tournament held in a BRICS member country
– Awards for Major Sponsors of National BRICS Teams
– Awards for each member country’s National League’s Chairman and CEO’s
– Awards for National Directors of Development
– Awards for People Serving Football in their Countries as nominated by the “Chambers”
A series of knowledge exchanges with experts from around the world will present topical issues at range of Masterclasses to be held both at the Forum and the Summit respectively.