World Sports Exchange Study Tour to England
The inaugural World Sports Exchange, Study Tour to England, UK, will take place from 18-22 May 2020 with delegates from around the world taking part and engage with the UK’s premier sports executives and administrators from federations and associations, professional sports clubs, leagues and tournament organisers, respectively.
The purpose and objective of the Study Tour, is to create an international platform to promote and exchange best practice in modern day sports management and to serve as the world’s leading sports knowledge exchange program.
The Study Tour will kick off on Monday 18 May 2020, with the World Sports Exchange Forum, featuring key UK sports and industry personalities sharing their thought leadership with delegates on how to manage the challenges faced by, modern day sport.
The Forum will feature a plenary and a host of panel discussions on key trends in sports management with dedicated breakaway streams for federations and associations, sports clubs, leagues and tournament organisers respectively.
Each stream will discuss and exchange knowledge and know-how, which are specific and relevant to their respective areas of operation, including affording delegates ample time, to make contributions during the Question & Answer Sessions.
Delegates will also participate in the planned “Speed Networking Sessions” with the aim to potentially discuss “collaboration projects” with UK based sports entities, as well as engaging with their counterparts from around the world.
The forum will also feature the World Sports Business Awards Ceremony, wherein sports executives, administrators and industry personalities from around the world, will be honoured and be given recognition for their inspirational efforts to grow the sports management industry.
Day Two of the forum, on Tuesday 19 May 2020 will see greater input from delegates on a number of case studies, which will be presented in roundtable discussions, with the key focus on sustainable collaboration and partnerships between sports and brands per se.
The forum will be followed by a two day Masterclass on 20-21 May 2019, for each of the main participating sectors.
The Study tour will end on 22 May 2019, featuring informal one-on-one networking meetings, which will be facilitated through the SportsMatch Meeting App.
Delegates could also avail themselves to serve on both the continental and international steering committees, of the World Sports Alliance (WSA), which will be founded at the Forum.
The WSA will serve as a knowledge body to assist participating entities with implementing best practice in the sports management arena.
The Study Tour also coincides with the final matches of the English Premier League (EPL) on Sunday 17 May and the FA Cup final at Wembley Stadium on Saturday 23 May 2020.
Delegates will have the option to attend these events and also soak up, not only the atmosphere on offer, but also to observe how these events are staged and managed by their UK counterparts.
Notes: UK Sports Study Tour & Exchange
- Theme: Managing Sport. Lessons from the Ground Up.
- Geographic profile of attendees: | Eastern Europe | Middle East | Asia | Australasia | Africa | Caribbean | South America
- The Sports Exchange will feature panel discussions and delegates will participate in Roundtable discussions, which will be lead by UK sports personalities
- The Exchange will be two full days of debating the essentials strategies required to manage modern day sport
- Dedicated Break Away Streams for Sports Federations & Associations, Leagues, Clubs & Major Tournament Organisers respectively
- Delegates will be able to use the SportsMatch Meeting Booking App to connect and create exchange programmes with their UK and International counterparts
- Delegates and Speakers will attend key Networking Functions and Awards Dinners
- The World Sports Business Awards will feature segments for Federations & Associations, Clubs, Leagues and Tournaments as well as Host Cities
- Delegates will have the option to become a Founding Member and serve on the Steering Committee of the World Sports Alliance (WSA), which will be launched at the end of the Exchange.
- Optional: Delegates will be able to attend a two-day Masterclass of their choice
- The Masterclasses will be lead by key UK organisational and industry people
- Optional: Delegates will have the option to attend the final English Premier League matches on Sunday 17 May 2020 as well as the FA Cup Final at Wembley Stadium on Saturday 24 May 2019
NB* Programme and Itinerary are subject to change.
A full programme will be released soon and be published on: www.sportsbusiness.co.za
For further information, contact:
Gerom, Media, Sports & Entertainment (Pty) Ltd
Mobile: +27 (0) 82 496 1657