UK Sports Exchange
The inaugural Sports Exchange-Study Tour to England, UK, will take place from 18-22 May 2020 with delegates from around the world taking part and engage with the UK’s premier sports executives and administrators from leagues and professional sports clubs in football, rugby and cricket respectively.
The purpose and objective of the Exchange, is to create an international and leading sports knowledge platform to promote best practice in modern day sports management.
The Study Tour will kick off on Monday 18 May 2020, with the Sports Exchange Forum, featuring key UK sports and industry personalities sharing their thought leadership with delegates on how to manage the challenges faced by, modern day sport and in particular professional clubs and leagues respectively..
The Forum will feature a plenary and a host of panel discussions on key trends in managing modern day professional sports clubs with dedicated breakaway streams for football, rugby, cricket and leagues.
Each stream will discuss, exchange knowledge and know-how, which are specific and relevant to their respective domains, in terms of specific areas of operation and also affording delegates ample time, to make contributions during the Question & Answer Sessions.
Delegates will also participate in the “Speed Networking Sessions”, with the aim to potentially discuss “collaboration projects” with UK based sports clubs and leagues, as well as engaging with their counterparts from around the world.
The programme will also feature the World Sports Business Awards, which will bestow recognition, in various categories, on professional clubs, leagues, executives, administrators and industry personalities from around the world.
Day Two of the Forum, on Tuesday 19 May 2020 will see greater input from delegates on a number of case studies, which will be presented in roundtable discussions, with the key focus on sustainable collaboration between clubs, leagues and commercial partners, per se.
Delegates could also avail themselves to serve on both the continental and international steering committees, of the proposed World Clubs & Leagues Alliance (WCLA), which will be established at the Forum.
The WCLA will serve as a knowledge body to assist participating clubs and leagues with implementing best practice in the professional sports arena.
The Forum will be followed by a two day Masterclass on 20-21 May 2019, for each of the main participating sectors.
The Exchange will end on 22 May 2019, with delegates visiting sports clubs and leagues’ offices in the greater London-area.
The Exchange also coincides with the final matches of the English Premier League (EPL) on Sunday 17 May and the FA Cup final at Wembley Stadium on Saturday 23 May 2020.
Delegates will have the option to attend these events and also soak up, not only the atmosphere on offer, but also to observe how these events are staged and managed by their UK counterparts.
Notes: Sports Exchange-Study Tour
- Theme: Managing Club Sport. Lessons from the Ground Up.
- Structure of the Exchange: i) Two-Day Forum and, ii) Two-Day Masterclasses
- Profile of attendees: Executives and administrators from Clubs and Leagues
- The Forum will feature panel discussions and delegates will participate in Roundtable discussions, which will be lead by UK sports personalities
- The Forum will be two full days of debating the essentials strategies required to manage modern day sports clubs and leagues
- Dedicated Break Away Streams for football, rugby, cricket and professional leagues
- Delegates will be able to connect and create exchange cooperation agreements with their UK and international counterparts
- Delegates and Speakers will attend key Networking Functions
- Delegates will have the option to become a Founding Member and serve on the Steering Committee of the World Clubs and Leagues Alliance (WCLA), which will be launched at the end of the Forum.
- Optional: Delegates will be able to attend a two-day Masterclass of their choice
- The Masterclasses will be lead by key UK academic, organisational and industry people
- Optional: Delegates will have the option to attend the final English Premier League matches on Sunday 17 May 2020 as well as the FA Cup Final at Wembley Stadium on Saturday 24 May 2019
NB* Programme and Itinerary are subject to change.
A full programme will be released soon and be published on: www.sportsbusiness.co.za
For further information, contact:
Gerom, Media, Sports & Entertainment (Pty) Ltd
Mobile: +27 (0) 82 496 1657