30 January 2020 | 19h00-22h00 | Cape Town | Following the Sports Facilities Funding Forum (12h00-17h00)
Nominate your Municipal/Provincial and National Sports Departments and NGO Sports Development Programs
The inaugural Sports Development Awards will recognise the contribution made by both local government and sports organisations, focusing on using sport a tool for social change.
The Awards Program is designed to declare actual winners, through data as provided for by the entrants, and not by a panel of judges, which sometimes could be a subjective approach, rather than award the deserving winners based on factual data.
Entry to the Awards Program is free of charge for the first nomination, and nominees will only be required to complete a short Questionnaire, providing data, based on the actual year-on-year, Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) or Outcomes for the 2019/20 financial year.
Entrants are not required to provide actual amounts, but only the applicable percentage increase or decrease, whichever may be applicable.
A Scoring System has been devised to allocate Points for each reply on the Questionnaire.
A firm of auditors will tally all the Points to create a final score for each nominee, to be shortlisted in the respective category.
Awards Categories: Please Note: Provincial Winners and a National Winner will be announced for each Category in both Sections. A nominee could win both a Provincial Award, as well as being declared the National Winner in any given Category.
Municipality Sports Development Section
- Municipal Sports Development Award x 9 Provincial Awards
- Municipal Sports Official of the Year Award (Appointed Officials) x 9 Provincial Awards
- Municipal Sports Development: Leadership of the Year Award (MMCs/Mayor) x 9 Provincial Awards
- Best Municipality: Sport Development of the Year Award
NGO Sports Development Section
- NGO Sports Development Award x 9 Provincial Awards
- NGO Sports Development: Facilitator of the Year Award x 9 Provincial Awards
- NGO Sports Development: Leadership of the Year (Manager/Director) x 9 Provincial Awards
- Best NGO: Sport Development of the Year Award
The Nomination Form is available online and could be completed online in less than 10-minutes.
To receive a link to the Form, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, contact: Gerrit Davids (Coordinator):
Cell. 082 496 1657 or E-mail: email@example.com