We are happy to report that we have recently conducted a very successful Strategic Session for Athletics South Africa (ASA) where we've used our Better Sports Bodies Programme, as the core structure to equip both its Board and staff members with a deeper insight as to their roles and responsibilities, respectively.
The Programme is designed to give sports bodies a greater insight into its levels of good governance with a key focus on how all stakeholders could play their respective roles in running a sustainable organisation.
The overarching approach of the Strategic Session thus unpacks the way the custodians of the organisation should apply effective leadership through sound governance principles for its future sustainability.
The programme is structured around highly interactive workshops, breakaway and report back sessions, video presentations on leadership from sports leaders and executives from around the world, working lunches and dinners, respectively.
The Programme is presented as a three-day Session and centres around the following Seven Principles of Sustainable Leadership required for Sports Bodies:-
- Sports Leaders Know How to Govern. What, Good Governance and Ethics demand from Sports Leaders.
- Sports Leaders Understand their Roles and Responsibilities.
- Sports Leaders Know How to Listen Well. (What your teams would like to see happening under your Leadership).
- Sports Leaders Know How to Overcome Common Challenges. (Delegates form groups and debate topical issues on how to solve challenges as Leaders within their organisations).
- Sports Leaders Know How to Prioritise their toughest Challenges (Priority Quadrant Process).
- Sports Leaders Know How to Lead, using Strategic Plans based on the Principles of Design Thinking.
- Sports Leaders know how to Leave a Legacy. (Shared Responsibility, People, Planet and Profit through Social Impact).
If your organisation would also like to benefit from this premier facilitation Session as was the case with ASA, feel free to contact us with your initial enquiry and we will structure a process best suited to your needs.
Contact: Gerrit Davids
Mobile. +27 (0) 82 496 1657
Office: + 27 (0) 87 7003 668